Основные виды детских удерживающих устройств
- Child restraint systems installed against the movement of the vehicle (cradle, child weight: from 0 to 13 kg). This type of restraint systems is approved by traffic rules, but not completely safe, as it does not have any additional protective devices.
- Child restraint system installed in the direction of the movement of the vehicle (car seat, weight of the child: from 9 to 36 kg)
- Additional child seat cushion with backrest, which allows to use regular seat belt (weight of the child: from 15 to 36 kg).
- Additional child seat cushion without backrest, which allows to use regular seat belt (booster, weight of the child: from 25 to 36 kg).
Changes in the proportions of the child's body correspond to the following age categories: newborn - 30%; 18 months, 5 years, 8 years, 11 years - 15%.
Install the child restraint system in the right direction!
In which case the child restraint should be installed in the direction of movement and in which case –against the movement of the vehicle?
From the first months of a child's life up to 15 months, the child restraint system should be installed against the movement of the vehicle to protect the child's head during the phase of the active growth, since at this age the neck and spine are not yet developed completely.
- From 0 to 15 months (up to 13 kg) - against the movement of the vehicle to protect the neck and head.
- From 15 months (from 13 kg) - in the direction of movement of the vehicle to provide stronger protection of the back and internal organs.
Correctly install the child restraint system in the car!
Follow the instructions for installing child restraints using seat belts in your car or use the ISOFIX system if available.